Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Glint + Glimmer of Silvers

 In picture frames, on counters, headboards, walls, cabinetry...
we get varying types of bling from the"Silvers"
of  paint, metals,mirrors, pewter, steel, and silver. 
Be it for effects that are rustic, modern, elegant, dramatic
or practical, the silvery, chrome-y, steel-y metallics are everywhere:
via

via


via




via


via

via



via 

via

Pewter plate display (in an Amazing kitchen):
via

something more...modern:
via

via
via



Hammered Metal Lamps, Serena + Lily:



Metallic Wall
via

I have chrome pendants in my kitchen, small ones. I have a brushed nickel kitchen sink, faucet, etc. My appliances are not the stainless style. I am still using the old white ones. Ick. That will be my next upgrade, if one of these blankety-blank appliances would JUST BREAK DOWN~!.
I also like the idea of mixing the silvers with the golds, bronzes, brasses, etc. That's another day of research for me.
Is this Metals Trend good? Here to stay? Or do I need to hold my horses because something better s around the corner? All wisdom/guesses/advice encouraged!

                                                                          ~Valerie~

3 comments:

  1. Great post and very interesting ideas! The key is always balance. Some rooms have way too much of the same material and it feels heavy and soon, outdated. Having balance will ensure you to have a nice look room for longer.

    Have a great day!

    xo

    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could see silver in every room, no problem. Thanks for all the great pictures. Richard from My Old Historic House. PS. Thanks for becoming a follower, I am your newest as well. Richard

    ReplyDelete