Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Exquisite Kitchen Design and Detail Ideas ~

Ideas, Ideas, Ideas...!

This kitchen corner below grabs me and calls me in...
Wood cabinetry with glass fronts and  checked fabric,
 pretty metal hardware, with a metal flower vase,
checked floor, rich trim, patterned ceiling...
I wonder what is behind the curtain covering the 
picture frame-sized opening in the wall by the window.


 This has great pendants, countertops and hardware, 
not to mention the cooker! 
All set off by a happy and clean white paint:


CLOCK! I am stealing this idea the second I find that clock...

Check out the wainscotting/millwork/trim. 
And sconces. And ...just look at these details!


This is a look that will never go away because it is so comforting, warm and cheerful.
 And check out the cabinetry, especially the  hardware!!!

For laypeople like me, this is a challenge to the eye, 
to what is expected, but a great lesson, too:  I love the mix of lighting 
and the finish on the refrigerator doors.


This kitchen focuses on simplicity, with each
 item simply designed and well made. 
The view becomes the detail.

I think of this as The Library Effect,  with the shelving color and style,, 
unusual cabinetry doors (mirrored!), and lighting.

Small, super simple.  The white and steel, the uncovered windows revealing gorgeous greenery, and the lighting and lack of clutter give it such casual élan.


So I can do lack of clutter and the clock idea, and get very happy!
How about you?!
Have a happy day!
xo
Valerie

 via  via via via via via via via via via

No comments:

Post a Comment